Monday, June 3, 2013

Introducing: X Ambassadors

Sometimes they remind me of Imagine Dragons (who they're currently on tour opening for), sometimes they remind me of Matchbox Twenty, and, whenever Sam Harris hits his falsetto, they remind me of City And Colour. X Ambassadors crafts emotionally complex alt-rock and they make it well.

My first taste of these guys was from this House Of Creatives video they filmed earlier this year.



For some reason, after I saw that video, I forgot to bookmark them or something and they got lost in the shuffle. But, I did like their Facebook page. So when they dropped the "Love Songs Drug Songs" - EP I was all over that thing. It's 6 songs for $4 and, oh my god, is it ever worth it.

While "Litost" was my favorite song the first couple listens, I eventually grew to love "Brother" the most.



These dudes are worth investing in. So buy that EP. And if you're too cheap for that, they're giving away their song "Unconsolable" on their website. Maybe that will convince you.

No comments:

Post a Comment